Expert Gia Khukhashvili published his extensive post in the social network, on the recent events.
Roadmap for economic security.
The plan is of a schematic nature. Only the action algorithm is provided, which requires further detailing.
Step 1. Set the task
- a) To draft a so-called critical consumer basket.
Here we are talking about the formation of a list of food and primary consumption items, which is vital for the minimum provision of the population;
- b) To determine a total volume of the basket by the positions, according to the annual consumption;
- c) To determine a share of import, by positions
The task is as follows: To organize in Georgia production of the goods listed in point ( c ) in the volumes, that as minimum, will fill-up the volume indicated in Point (b)
Step 2 Major areas of action
- a) Agrarian farms, livestock farms, poultry farms, extraction of primary raw materials and / or formation of annual reserves;
- b) Logistics – transportation, sorting, packaging, storage of relevant products;
- c) Construction of the relevant power processing and primary consumption industry with competitive, latest technological standards.
Step 3. Implement protectionist policies on action areas for 3-5 years to ensure they are established as competitive systems.
- a) direct and indirect (tax) financial incentives;
- b) tightening control of the economic border;
- c) in some cases short-term subsidies until competitiveness is achieved;
- d) Optimizing the management of the land fund for its full development, in accordance with the food safety tasks.
We will offer recommendations on specific steps in the future.
P.S. I ask the free market apologists not to start teaching me what to do. “We have entered a new world where the literature and faith they have developed is useless.” – Gia Khukhashvili writes in Facebook